Brit toddler’s abductors call father
London: The father of the kidnapped British toddler, Sahil Saeed, received a phone call from his abductors on Friday, an official looking into the case has said.
According to Sky News, Sahil’s father Raja Naqash Saeed received the phone call on his Pakistani mobile phone, and the investigators are trying to trace the call.
“The boy is with us and we call you later,” the caller said.
Five-year-old Sahil was kidnapped on Thursday from his grandmother’s house in Jhelum in Pakistan’s Punjab province when he was about to leave the house with his father for the airport to catch a flight back to London.
Meanwhile, Sahil’s mother has appealed the kidnappers to release her little son, saying said she would forgive them.
“My message is just that I want my son back. That`s the main thing. All is forgiven. God will forgive you. I will forgive you. All I want is my son back. Please give my son back,” an inconsolable Akila Naqqash said.
Earlier, Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani had also spoken to Sahil’s father and assured him that the government is doing all it could to recover the child.
The British Foreign Office has also called on the abductors to safely release Sahil and said it was supporting his family at this “extremely distressing time”.
“Pakistani police are conducting vigorous enquiries and we know Sahil`s case is being overseen at the highest levels in the Pakistani Government,” a Foreign Office spokesperson said.
The kidnappers have demanded GBP 100,000 as ransom.
While authorities are investigating the role of ‘insiders’ in the kidnapping Sahil’s family members have already rejected the assertion.
It may be noted that Pakistani High commissioner to Britain, Wajid Shamsul Hasan, had pointed towards ‘insiders’ role in the abduction.
The Pakistani investigation agencies, which had promised to solve the case within 24 hours on Thursday, still appear to be groping in the dark.
While six to eight persons have been detained for interrogation, nothing substantial has emerged so far.
“We are trying. God willing, we will find a lead. The whole police force is involved. All angles are being explored,” said local police officer in Jhelum, Tahir Bashir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30