British boy reunited with family in Pakistan after kidnapping
Islamabad: A five-year-old British boy, who was released by his kidnappers in Pakistan, after the family paid a ransom in Europe was reunited with his father on Thursday, the British High Commission here said.
The kidnappers left Sahil Saeed along a road on Tuesday in the eastern province of Punjab near the town of Jhelum, where he was abducted in a March 03 robbery at his grandparent`s home.
His father, Raja Naqash Saeed, flew from Britain and was reunited with his son on Thursday at the Islamabad residence of British High Commissioner Adam Thomson.
"Everyone was in very good spirits and, of course, delighted about his return," a statement from the mission said.
Members of Sahil`s family, including his grandmother, were also at the reunion. Sahil and his father were expected to fly back to their family home in Oldham in Great Manchester.
Spanish police announced on Wednesday that a Pakistani man and a Romanian woman were arrested for collecting a ransom of GBP 111,000 (USD 168,000) for Sahil in Paris and the money was recovered.
French police also arrested two Pakistanis as being accomplices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange
- Brent oil pushes above $50 for first time in nearly seven months