British boy reunited with family in Pakistan after kidnapping
Islamabad: A five-year-old British boy, who was released by his kidnappers in Pakistan, after the family paid a ransom in Europe was reunited with his father on Thursday, the British High Commission here said.
The kidnappers left Sahil Saeed along a road on Tuesday in the eastern province of Punjab near the town of Jhelum, where he was abducted in a March 03 robbery at his grandparent`s home.
His father, Raja Naqash Saeed, flew from Britain and was reunited with his son on Thursday at the Islamabad residence of British High Commissioner Adam Thomson.
"Everyone was in very good spirits and, of course, delighted about his return," a statement from the mission said.
Members of Sahil`s family, including his grandmother, were also at the reunion. Sahil and his father were expected to fly back to their family home in Oldham in Great Manchester.
Spanish police announced on Wednesday that a Pakistani man and a Romanian woman were arrested for collecting a ransom of GBP 111,000 (USD 168,000) for Sahil in Paris and the money was recovered.
French police also arrested two Pakistanis as being accomplices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read