British doctors `impressed by Malala Yousufzai`s strength`
London: Young Pakistani girl activist Malala Yousafza who was flown to Britain for better care, is responding exceptionally well to the treatment, “impressing” doctors with her strength, the doctors in UK hospital said Wednesday.
The 14-year old Malala has “good chances of recovery” because unlike adult brains, the teenagers’ brains are still growing and can adapt to trauma better, as per experts.
"Her response to treatment so far indicated that she could make a good recovery from her injuries," the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in central England`s Birmingham said in a statement.
The statement by Dr David Rosser, the medical director of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham also said that the team of specialists from hospitals had been "impressed with her strength and resilience."
Other experts said they were not sure if a complete recovery of Malala’s brain was feasible.
"You don`t have a bullet go through your brain and have a full recovery," said one Dr. Jonathan Fellus, chief scientific officer at International Brain Research Foundation.
Malala, who was shot by Taliban in head in Swat valley in Pakistan, has been threatened of follow up attacks as she backs “Western thinking”. Malala has been a brave voice campaigning for girls education.
Malala’s safety continues to be a concern with reports yesterday saying that two people tried to visit Malala. Police stopped and questioned two, but hospital officials and police stressed there was no threat to the girl`s safety. The two people, who claimed to be Malala`s relatives, were turned away.
"We think it`s probably people being over-curious," hospital spokesman Dr. Dave Rosser said.
A message board has been set up on the Trust`s website to allow well-wishers to leave their messages of support.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days