British killer of PIOs held in Dhaka
London: A Briton, who killed two Indian-
origin businessmen in London in 2003 and figures in the most
wanted list of Scotland Yard, has been arrested in Dhaka and
efforts are being made to seek his extradition to Britain.
Ayab Khan (27), is considered one of Britain`s most
wanted men for killing Amarjit Singh (52), and his nephew
Rajinder Singh (35), near their hotel in Forest Gate.
Scotland Yard is now seeking his formal extradition to
Britain following the arrest in Bangladesh`s capital.
Khan was reportedly detained as he was on his way to
"A man believed to be Ayab Khan was arrested on
Thursday, August 5 in Dhaka by Bangladeshi authorities. The
arrest was made on behalf of the Metropolitan police service.
We will now seek the man`s formal extradition to the UK," a
Metropolitan police spokesman said.
The police had offered a reward of 10,000 pounds for
information leading to Khan`s arrest and conviction.
In 2004, he was placed on Scotland Yard`s most wanted
The two victims were shot with an Uzi-style machine
gun following an argument over parking.
Speaking after the incident in 2003, Detective
Superintendent Maureen Boyle, had said: "Shortly before our
victims were killed in Atherton Mews, there were two vehicles
blocked by them in that mews, a blue or green Honda Civic
hatchback and a dark blue Volkswagen Golf.
"These two vehicles had been beeping horns, trying to
attract attention because they were blocked in. Amarjit Singh
eventually came out and moved the vehicles. The Honda drove
off. Before the Volkswagen drove off, there was a heated
argument between Rajinder Singh and the driver of that blue
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown