British killer of PIOs held in Dhaka
London: A Briton, who killed two Indian-
origin businessmen in London in 2003 and figures in the most
wanted list of Scotland Yard, has been arrested in Dhaka and
efforts are being made to seek his extradition to Britain.
Ayab Khan (27), is considered one of Britain`s most
wanted men for killing Amarjit Singh (52), and his nephew
Rajinder Singh (35), near their hotel in Forest Gate.
Scotland Yard is now seeking his formal extradition to
Britain following the arrest in Bangladesh`s capital.
Khan was reportedly detained as he was on his way to
"A man believed to be Ayab Khan was arrested on
Thursday, August 5 in Dhaka by Bangladeshi authorities. The
arrest was made on behalf of the Metropolitan police service.
We will now seek the man`s formal extradition to the UK," a
Metropolitan police spokesman said.
The police had offered a reward of 10,000 pounds for
information leading to Khan`s arrest and conviction.
In 2004, he was placed on Scotland Yard`s most wanted
The two victims were shot with an Uzi-style machine
gun following an argument over parking.
Speaking after the incident in 2003, Detective
Superintendent Maureen Boyle, had said: "Shortly before our
victims were killed in Atherton Mews, there were two vehicles
blocked by them in that mews, a blue or green Honda Civic
hatchback and a dark blue Volkswagen Golf.
"These two vehicles had been beeping horns, trying to
attract attention because they were blocked in. Amarjit Singh
eventually came out and moved the vehicles. The Honda drove
off. Before the Volkswagen drove off, there was a heated
argument between Rajinder Singh and the driver of that blue
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside
- Wimbledon 2016: Roger Federer aims to end Marcus Willis fairytale
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report