British PM visits Afghanistan; promises more troops
Kabul: Britain`s Prime Minister has paid a
surprise visit to British troops in southern Afghanistan.
Prime Minister Gordon Brown flew today to the city of
Lashkar Gah, where British troops have been waging a tough
fight against Taliban insurgents.
Brown promised British troops more help to overcome
the threat of Taliban roadside bombs that have killed and
wounded many British soldiers this summer.
A sharp rise in casualties has undercut support for
the war among the British public and sharp criticism that the
government has not given the soldiers enough helicopters and
other support to cope with the rising insurgency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times