British woman killed in Bangladesh
London: A British mother was hacked to death on Friday during a violent robbery in Bangladesh where she was holidaying.
Her family said Rehana Begum, 43, was on holiday when she was attacked by a gang of four men who targetted her for her jewellery and money, the Daily Mail reported.
The British national, from Stepney, east London, died in Sunamganj area of Bangladesh, Friday, the Foreign Office confirmed.
Begum had been on holiday in the country with her husband and 12-year-old son since July 17, reported BBC citing her nephew Abdul who added that she was "hacked to death" for her valuables.
A Foreign & Commonwealth Office spokeswoman said they were "providing consular assistance to her family at this difficult time".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'