British woman killed in Bangladesh
London: A British mother was hacked to death on Friday during a violent robbery in Bangladesh where she was holidaying.
Her family said Rehana Begum, 43, was on holiday when she was attacked by a gang of four men who targetted her for her jewellery and money, the Daily Mail reported.
The British national, from Stepney, east London, died in Sunamganj area of Bangladesh, Friday, the Foreign Office confirmed.
Begum had been on holiday in the country with her husband and 12-year-old son since July 17, reported BBC citing her nephew Abdul who added that she was "hacked to death" for her valuables.
A Foreign & Commonwealth Office spokeswoman said they were "providing consular assistance to her family at this difficult time".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!