British woman killed in Bangladesh
London: A British mother was hacked to death on Friday during a violent robbery in Bangladesh where she was holidaying.
Her family said Rehana Begum, 43, was on holiday when she was attacked by a gang of four men who targetted her for her jewellery and money, the Daily Mail reported.
The British national, from Stepney, east London, died in Sunamganj area of Bangladesh, Friday, the Foreign Office confirmed.
Begum had been on holiday in the country with her husband and 12-year-old son since July 17, reported BBC citing her nephew Abdul who added that she was "hacked to death" for her valuables.
A Foreign & Commonwealth Office spokeswoman said they were "providing consular assistance to her family at this difficult time".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access
- Athletics: Long jump star Rutherford swaps spikes for dancing shoes
- Turkey backtracks on `IS child bomber` claims
- Hardik Patel used quota stir to become leader, amass wealth: Ex-aides
- Tribunal confirms French resort`s burkini ban