British woman killed in Bangladesh
London: A British mother was hacked to death on Friday during a violent robbery in Bangladesh where she was holidaying.
Her family said Rehana Begum, 43, was on holiday when she was attacked by a gang of four men who targetted her for her jewellery and money, the Daily Mail reported.
The British national, from Stepney, east London, died in Sunamganj area of Bangladesh, Friday, the Foreign Office confirmed.
Begum had been on holiday in the country with her husband and 12-year-old son since July 17, reported BBC citing her nephew Abdul who added that she was "hacked to death" for her valuables.
A Foreign & Commonwealth Office spokeswoman said they were "providing consular assistance to her family at this difficult time".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'