Briton arrested in Bangladesh child sex abuse case
Sylhet: Police say a British
man who traveled frequently to Bangladesh is being questioned
here on charges he sexually abused an 11-year-old boy.
Peter Allision of Bow, east London, was arrested at a
hotel in Sylhet city Wednesday and a court gave police three
days to question him.
The 56-year-old has denied the charges.
City Metropolitan Police Commissioner Amullya Bhushan Barua
would not give details of the police questioning that was to
Barua told a news agency on Saturday that Allison
claimed he was working on a documentary about children from
poor families but he had no major film-making equipment at the
hotel where was arrested.
Sylhet city is 190 kilometers northeast of the capital,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez