Briton arrested in Bangladesh child sex abuse case
Sylhet: Police say a British
man who traveled frequently to Bangladesh is being questioned
here on charges he sexually abused an 11-year-old boy.
Peter Allision of Bow, east London, was arrested at a
hotel in Sylhet city Wednesday and a court gave police three
days to question him.
The 56-year-old has denied the charges.
City Metropolitan Police Commissioner Amullya Bhushan Barua
would not give details of the police questioning that was to
Barua told a news agency on Saturday that Allison
claimed he was working on a documentary about children from
poor families but he had no major film-making equipment at the
hotel where was arrested.
Sylhet city is 190 kilometers northeast of the capital,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption
- Naqvi launches websites for Ministry of Minority Affairs