Briton arrested in Bangladesh child sex abuse case
Sylhet: Police say a British
man who traveled frequently to Bangladesh is being questioned
here on charges he sexually abused an 11-year-old boy.
Peter Allision of Bow, east London, was arrested at a
hotel in Sylhet city Wednesday and a court gave police three
days to question him.
The 56-year-old has denied the charges.
City Metropolitan Police Commissioner Amullya Bhushan Barua
would not give details of the police questioning that was to
Barua told a news agency on Saturday that Allison
claimed he was working on a documentary about children from
poor families but he had no major film-making equipment at the
hotel where was arrested.
Sylhet city is 190 kilometers northeast of the capital,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured