Briton arrested in Bangladesh child sex abuse case
Sylhet: Police say a British
man who traveled frequently to Bangladesh is being questioned
here on charges he sexually abused an 11-year-old boy.
Peter Allision of Bow, east London, was arrested at a
hotel in Sylhet city Wednesday and a court gave police three
days to question him.
The 56-year-old has denied the charges.
City Metropolitan Police Commissioner Amullya Bhushan Barua
would not give details of the police questioning that was to
Barua told a news agency on Saturday that Allison
claimed he was working on a documentary about children from
poor families but he had no major film-making equipment at the
hotel where was arrested.
Sylhet city is 190 kilometers northeast of the capital,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'