Briton arrested in Bangladesh child sex abuse case
Sylhet: Police say a British
man who traveled frequently to Bangladesh is being questioned
here on charges he sexually abused an 11-year-old boy.
Peter Allision of Bow, east London, was arrested at a
hotel in Sylhet city Wednesday and a court gave police three
days to question him.
The 56-year-old has denied the charges.
City Metropolitan Police Commissioner Amullya Bhushan Barua
would not give details of the police questioning that was to
Barua told a news agency on Saturday that Allison
claimed he was working on a documentary about children from
poor families but he had no major film-making equipment at the
hotel where was arrested.
Sylhet city is 190 kilometers northeast of the capital,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP