Buddhists protest in front of Bangladeshi mission in Lanka
Colombo: Several Buddhist monks marched in front of the Bangladeshi High Commission here o Thursday to protest against the attacks on the community in that country.
Activists of `Bodu Balasena` (Buddhist force) marched to the Bangladeshi mission to handover a petition asking for protection for Bangladeshi Buddhists.
"We Buddhists have been keeping silent on the injustice and harassment by Muslim extremists", Reverend Galagodatta Gnanasara, a scholar monk said.
Police Superintendent Ajith Rohana said that a protestor was arrested for throwing stones at the mission and causing damages to a glass window.
A Muslim mob, incensed by an allegedly offensive Facebook post, went on rampage in Bangladesh`s southeastern Ramu town and vandalised 13 temples and attacked houses in Buddhist neighbourhoods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’