Buddhists protest in front of Bangladeshi mission in Lanka
Colombo: Several Buddhist monks marched in front of the Bangladeshi High Commission here o Thursday to protest against the attacks on the community in that country.
Activists of `Bodu Balasena` (Buddhist force) marched to the Bangladeshi mission to handover a petition asking for protection for Bangladeshi Buddhists.
"We Buddhists have been keeping silent on the injustice and harassment by Muslim extremists", Reverend Galagodatta Gnanasara, a scholar monk said.
Police Superintendent Ajith Rohana said that a protestor was arrested for throwing stones at the mission and causing damages to a glass window.
A Muslim mob, incensed by an allegedly offensive Facebook post, went on rampage in Bangladesh`s southeastern Ramu town and vandalised 13 temples and attacked houses in Buddhist neighbourhoods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India