Bugti case: Arrest warrants issued for Mush, Aziz
Islamabad: A Pakistani judge on Friday issued arrest warrants for former president Pervez Musharraf and ex-premier Shaukat Aziz for their alleged involvement in the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti in
Crime Branch officials of Balochistan investigating the killing of Bugti had requested Judicial Magistrate Faisal Hameed to issue the arrest warrants.
The Crime Branch had earlier obtained an arrest warrant for former provincial home minister and lawmaker Shoaib Ahmed Nosherwani in the same case.
The Balochistan government has requested the federal government to extradite Musharraf, but federal authorities had sought an arrest warrant in order to ask Interpol to issue a red corner notice for the former military ruler, who is currently living outside Pakistan in self-exile.
Nawabzada Jamil Bugti, the eldest son of Akbar Bugti, had registered an FIR at Dera Bugti police station in which he alleged that Musharraf, Aziz, former Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, former governor Owais Ahmed Ghani, ex-chief minister Jam Muhammad Yousaf and Nosherwani were involved in the killing of his father.
Bugti, the chief of the Jamhoori Watan Party, was killed with over 30 supporters in a military operation on March 25, 2006.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today