Bugti case: Arrest warrants issued for Mush, Aziz
Islamabad: A Pakistani judge on Friday issued arrest warrants for former president Pervez Musharraf and ex-premier Shaukat Aziz for their alleged involvement in the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti in
Crime Branch officials of Balochistan investigating the killing of Bugti had requested Judicial Magistrate Faisal Hameed to issue the arrest warrants.
The Crime Branch had earlier obtained an arrest warrant for former provincial home minister and lawmaker Shoaib Ahmed Nosherwani in the same case.
The Balochistan government has requested the federal government to extradite Musharraf, but federal authorities had sought an arrest warrant in order to ask Interpol to issue a red corner notice for the former military ruler, who is currently living outside Pakistan in self-exile.
Nawabzada Jamil Bugti, the eldest son of Akbar Bugti, had registered an FIR at Dera Bugti police station in which he alleged that Musharraf, Aziz, former Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, former governor Owais Ahmed Ghani, ex-chief minister Jam Muhammad Yousaf and Nosherwani were involved in the killing of his father.
Bugti, the chief of the Jamhoori Watan Party, was killed with over 30 supporters in a military operation on March 25, 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living