Bugti case: Arrest warrants issued for Mush, Aziz
Islamabad: A Pakistani judge on Friday issued arrest warrants for former president Pervez Musharraf and ex-premier Shaukat Aziz for their alleged involvement in the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti in
Crime Branch officials of Balochistan investigating the killing of Bugti had requested Judicial Magistrate Faisal Hameed to issue the arrest warrants.
The Crime Branch had earlier obtained an arrest warrant for former provincial home minister and lawmaker Shoaib Ahmed Nosherwani in the same case.
The Balochistan government has requested the federal government to extradite Musharraf, but federal authorities had sought an arrest warrant in order to ask Interpol to issue a red corner notice for the former military ruler, who is currently living outside Pakistan in self-exile.
Nawabzada Jamil Bugti, the eldest son of Akbar Bugti, had registered an FIR at Dera Bugti police station in which he alleged that Musharraf, Aziz, former Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, former governor Owais Ahmed Ghani, ex-chief minister Jam Muhammad Yousaf and Nosherwani were involved in the killing of his father.
Bugti, the chief of the Jamhoori Watan Party, was killed with over 30 supporters in a military operation on March 25, 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka