Bugti case: Arrest warrants issued for Mush, Aziz
Islamabad: A Pakistani judge on Friday issued arrest warrants for former president Pervez Musharraf and ex-premier Shaukat Aziz for their alleged involvement in the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti in
Crime Branch officials of Balochistan investigating the killing of Bugti had requested Judicial Magistrate Faisal Hameed to issue the arrest warrants.
The Crime Branch had earlier obtained an arrest warrant for former provincial home minister and lawmaker Shoaib Ahmed Nosherwani in the same case.
The Balochistan government has requested the federal government to extradite Musharraf, but federal authorities had sought an arrest warrant in order to ask Interpol to issue a red corner notice for the former military ruler, who is currently living outside Pakistan in self-exile.
Nawabzada Jamil Bugti, the eldest son of Akbar Bugti, had registered an FIR at Dera Bugti police station in which he alleged that Musharraf, Aziz, former Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, former governor Owais Ahmed Ghani, ex-chief minister Jam Muhammad Yousaf and Nosherwani were involved in the killing of his father.
Bugti, the chief of the Jamhoori Watan Party, was killed with over 30 supporters in a military operation on March 25, 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!