Bugti killing: Pak court issues NBWs against Musharraf, others
Islamabad: A Pakistani anti-terrorism court on Wednesday issued non-bailable arrest warrants for several persons, including former President Pervez Musharraf, who have been accused of involvement in the 2006 killing of Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti.
Judge Nawaz Khan Barakzai of the anti-terrorism court in Sibi city of Balochistan province expressed anger at the police`s failure to produce the accused.
He directed police to arrest and present the accused in his court during the next hearing on September 5.
Besides Musharraf, the other accused in the case include former premier Shaukat Aziz, former federal Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, former Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Muhammad Yousuf, former Governor Awais Ahmed Ghani and former provincial Home Minister Shoaib Nosherwani.
Former Chief Minister Yousuf has been granted bail by the Balochistan High Court up to September 3 while former Interior Minister Sherpao has been granted transit bail by the Peshawar High Court.
Bugti was killed during a military operation that was ordered by Musharraf in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation