Bugti killing: Pak court issues NBWs against Musharraf, others
Islamabad: A Pakistani anti-terrorism court on Wednesday issued non-bailable arrest warrants for several persons, including former President Pervez Musharraf, who have been accused of involvement in the 2006 killing of Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti.
Judge Nawaz Khan Barakzai of the anti-terrorism court in Sibi city of Balochistan province expressed anger at the police`s failure to produce the accused.
He directed police to arrest and present the accused in his court during the next hearing on September 5.
Besides Musharraf, the other accused in the case include former premier Shaukat Aziz, former federal Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, former Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Muhammad Yousuf, former Governor Awais Ahmed Ghani and former provincial Home Minister Shoaib Nosherwani.
Former Chief Minister Yousuf has been granted bail by the Balochistan High Court up to September 3 while former Interior Minister Sherpao has been granted transit bail by the Peshawar High Court.
Bugti was killed during a military operation that was ordered by Musharraf in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy