`Burgeoning India-US ties a threat to Pak`
New Delhi: US President Barack Obama’s recent visit to India has left Pakistan unnerved.
According to a survey, an overwhelming majority of Pakistanis responded in “Yes” when asked whether the India-US growing cooperation poses a threat to Pakistan.
In another poll that asked if Obama can resolve Kashmir issue, most of the respondents did not show confidence in the US President’s role towards resolving the issue. Notably, Obama has already said it was in the interest of India and Pakistan to reduce tensions between them and the US cannot impose solutions to these problems.
In fact, the US leader’s India visit dominated the Pakistani Urdu media entirely. A number of editorials in Pakistani media expressed disappointment over absence of Pakistan in Obama’s Asia itinerary.
The Jang Urdu Daily’s editorial stated, “Obama’s visit to India was not hidden from people in our government, Foreign Ministry and concerned departments. They should have seriously reviewed the visit and should have convinced the US administration to include Pakistan in the President’s itinerary as this could have benefited Pakistan. But our government woke up and requested only when all his plans were already finalised.”
Meanwhile, an editorial in Express Urdu Daily stated, “The way the US is pampering India now, does not indicate that it gives equal importance to Pakistan. It is to be seen whether the US takes special steps (to allay Pakistan’s concerns) after its President’s visit to India.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani