Bus accident leaves 16 dead, 22 injured in Pakistan including kids
Peshawar: Pak authorities have confirmed at least 16 people have died when a passenger bus collided with a lorry in a mountainous area of northwestern Pakistan.
The accident happened as the bus travelled from the port city of Karachi to the northwestern town of Swabi in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on Saturday.
The driver lost control as he was overtaking a lorry on a sharp bend when another bus appeared from the opposite direction, local administration chief Sajjad Khan said.
"The driver tried to avert a collision with the bus and smashed into the lorry which he had been overtaking," Khan said quoting wounded passengers.
"At least 16 people were killed and 22 wounded, including women and children," Khan added.
One or two fatal accidents take place every week at Kaniza Speena Turn on the highway as drivers while descending usually lose control of their vehicle, he said.
However, a one-year-old baby girl miraculously survived the deadly crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'