Bus accident leaves 16 dead, 22 injured in Pakistan including kids
Peshawar: Pak authorities have confirmed at least 16 people have died when a passenger bus collided with a lorry in a mountainous area of northwestern Pakistan.
The accident happened as the bus travelled from the port city of Karachi to the northwestern town of Swabi in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on Saturday.
The driver lost control as he was overtaking a lorry on a sharp bend when another bus appeared from the opposite direction, local administration chief Sajjad Khan said.
"The driver tried to avert a collision with the bus and smashed into the lorry which he had been overtaking," Khan said quoting wounded passengers.
"At least 16 people were killed and 22 wounded, including women and children," Khan added.
One or two fatal accidents take place every week at Kaniza Speena Turn on the highway as drivers while descending usually lose control of their vehicle, he said.
However, a one-year-old baby girl miraculously survived the deadly crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?