Bus accident leaves 16 dead, 22 injured in Pakistan including kids
Peshawar: Pak authorities have confirmed at least 16 people have died when a passenger bus collided with a lorry in a mountainous area of northwestern Pakistan.
The accident happened as the bus travelled from the port city of Karachi to the northwestern town of Swabi in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on Saturday.
The driver lost control as he was overtaking a lorry on a sharp bend when another bus appeared from the opposite direction, local administration chief Sajjad Khan said.
"The driver tried to avert a collision with the bus and smashed into the lorry which he had been overtaking," Khan said quoting wounded passengers.
"At least 16 people were killed and 22 wounded, including women and children," Khan added.
One or two fatal accidents take place every week at Kaniza Speena Turn on the highway as drivers while descending usually lose control of their vehicle, he said.
However, a one-year-old baby girl miraculously survived the deadly crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...