Bus attack injures 7 in Nepal as first fatality recorded
Kathmandu: At least seven persons, including two women and a child, were on Sunday injured when suspected Maoists attacked a bus in central Nepal as ongoing anti-poll violence claimed its first fatality.
Suspected cadres of CPN-Maoist hurled two petrol bombs on a moving bus, heading for Rautahat from here, after stopping it at Satungal in central Nepal, police said.
The attackers fled the scene immediately.
Among the injured, a woman and a child are in critical condition, police said.
A truck driver, who was critically injured in a petrol bomb attack by suspected Maoists in southern Nepal on Thursday, died this morning, becoming the first fatality in ongoing anti-poll violence.
The government has decided to provide compensation to the family members of the deceased driver.
Police said the cadres of the CPNM-led 33-party alliance, which is opposing the upcoming Constituent Assembly polls, were behind these criminal activities.
At least 37 people were injured in different parts of the country in the attacks by people trying to foil the November 19 polls.
Some 19 vehicles were attacked with petrol bombs over the past few days. Around 35 people have been taken into custody for their involvement in breaking the law.
The Maoist party had claimed that their poll boycott was peaceful.
Meanwhile, three persons were injured when clashes erupted between the cadres of UCPN-Maoist and CPN-UML in Okhaldhunga district in eastern Nepal today, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing