Bus crash kills 11 opposition activists in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Eleven activists of the opposition
Bangladesh Nationalist Party were killed and 35 others were
injured Saturday as a bus carrying them collided head on with a
truck in southwestern Khulna.
The bus was carrying BNP workers to Khulna from western
Narail district for a party rally due to be addressed by
opposition leader and former prime minister Khaleda Zia later
"Nine people were killed instantly while the other two
succumbed to their wounds while being rushed to a hospital,"
police official reached here by phone told a news agency.
Television channels said at least three of the injured
opposition activists were struggling for life with critical
injuries at Khulna Medical College Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores