Bus crash kills 11 opposition activists in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Eleven activists of the opposition
Bangladesh Nationalist Party were killed and 35 others were
injured Saturday as a bus carrying them collided head on with a
truck in southwestern Khulna.
The bus was carrying BNP workers to Khulna from western
Narail district for a party rally due to be addressed by
opposition leader and former prime minister Khaleda Zia later
"Nine people were killed instantly while the other two
succumbed to their wounds while being rushed to a hospital,"
police official reached here by phone told a news agency.
Television channels said at least three of the injured
opposition activists were struggling for life with critical
injuries at Khulna Medical College Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack