Bus crash kills 11 opposition activists in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Eleven activists of the opposition
Bangladesh Nationalist Party were killed and 35 others were
injured Saturday as a bus carrying them collided head on with a
truck in southwestern Khulna.
The bus was carrying BNP workers to Khulna from western
Narail district for a party rally due to be addressed by
opposition leader and former prime minister Khaleda Zia later
"Nine people were killed instantly while the other two
succumbed to their wounds while being rushed to a hospital,"
police official reached here by phone told a news agency.
Television channels said at least three of the injured
opposition activists were struggling for life with critical
injuries at Khulna Medical College Hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'