Bus crash kills 27, injures 40 in Bangladesh
Dhaka: At least 27 people were killed and 40 injured on Sunday as two crowded buses collided head on in central Faridpur district in southwestern Bangladesh, officials and witnesses said.
Faridpur`s police chief Awlad Ali, who was reached here by phone, confirmed 25 deaths saying 21 of them died instantly while witnesses and journalists from the scene reported 27 deaths.
"At least 40 people are being treated at different facilities in Faridpur and conditions of several of them are critical," Ali said.
The state-run BSS news agency quoting deputy commissioner Helal Uddin the accident took place as a Dhaka bound bus from central Madaripur district collided head on with another bus going to southwestern Barisal from the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj