Bus crash kills 27, injures 40 in Bangladesh
Dhaka: At least 27 people were killed and 40 injured on Sunday as two crowded buses collided head on in central Faridpur district in southwestern Bangladesh, officials and witnesses said.
Faridpur`s police chief Awlad Ali, who was reached here by phone, confirmed 25 deaths saying 21 of them died instantly while witnesses and journalists from the scene reported 27 deaths.
"At least 40 people are being treated at different facilities in Faridpur and conditions of several of them are critical," Ali said.
The state-run BSS news agency quoting deputy commissioner Helal Uddin the accident took place as a Dhaka bound bus from central Madaripur district collided head on with another bus going to southwestern Barisal from the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!