Bus crash kills 27, injures 40 in Bangladesh
Dhaka: At least 27 people were killed and 40 injured on Sunday as two crowded buses collided head on in central Faridpur district in southwestern Bangladesh, officials and witnesses said.
Faridpur`s police chief Awlad Ali, who was reached here by phone, confirmed 25 deaths saying 21 of them died instantly while witnesses and journalists from the scene reported 27 deaths.
"At least 40 people are being treated at different facilities in Faridpur and conditions of several of them are critical," Ali said.
The state-run BSS news agency quoting deputy commissioner Helal Uddin the accident took place as a Dhaka bound bus from central Madaripur district collided head on with another bus going to southwestern Barisal from the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price