Bus crash kills 6, injures 27 in south Afghanistan
Kabul: Authorities say a bus crash in southern Afghanistan has killed at least six people and injured 27.
The bus was travelling from the country`s far west to the southern city of Kandahar when it crashed in the province of Helmand this morning.
Provincial government spokesman Daud Ahmadi says six bodies have been recovered and that 27 people were treated for injuries. He says the cause of the crash is unknown and the driver fled the scene soon afterward.
Helmand is one of Afghanistan`s most dangerous provinces and many roads are rife with homemade land mines. However, Ahmadi says the crash did not appear to be caused by any explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview