Bus crash kills 6, injures 27 in south Afghanistan
Kabul: Authorities say a bus crash in southern Afghanistan has killed at least six people and injured 27.
The bus was travelling from the country`s far west to the southern city of Kandahar when it crashed in the province of Helmand this morning.
Provincial government spokesman Daud Ahmadi says six bodies have been recovered and that 27 people were treated for injuries. He says the cause of the crash is unknown and the driver fled the scene soon afterward.
Helmand is one of Afghanistan`s most dangerous provinces and many roads are rife with homemade land mines. However, Ahmadi says the crash did not appear to be caused by any explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’