Bus plunge into ditch in Bangladesh, killing 14
Dhaka: A bus plunged into a roadside ditch
in southwestern Bangladesh on Friday, killing at least 15 people
and injuring 30 others near Pantaparha in Madaripur.
The incident took place around 11am, when driver of the
Barisal-bound bus from Khulna lost control over bus, said
Nazrul Hossain, the district Superintendent of Police.
"The police immediately started a rescue operation with
help of locals. Thirteen bodies were recovered from the bus
and another person died after being taken to hospital in a
critical condition," Hossain was quoted as saying by The Daily
Nineteen of the injured have been admitted to Kalkini
Upazila Health Complex and Madaripur Sadar Hospital, the
police official said.
According to Noman Chowdhury, surgeon, all other
passengers in the bus were injured in different degrees.
Shajahan Khan, Shipping minister, who is also chief of
the Transport Workers` Federation, visited the accident site.
The bus was recovered more than three hours after the
accident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble