Bus service just for women in Islamabad, Rawalpindi
Islamabad: A bus service only for women has been started in the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad. The buses sport stickers that say: "Decent public transport for women".
The bus service was inaugurated at the Traffic Headquarters at Race Course in Rawalpindi Thursday.
The bus drivers have been provided with special caps and nameplates. Stickers saying "decent public transport for women" were pasted on the buses.
Daily Times quoted an official, Muhammad Azam, as saying that initially 10 buses will be included in the fleet.
He said the pilot project has been launched for 40 days on an experimental basis and special training has been imparted to the bus staff so that they can deal with the women with respect and dignity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi