Bus service just for women in Islamabad, Rawalpindi
Islamabad: A bus service only for women has been started in the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad. The buses sport stickers that say: "Decent public transport for women".
The bus service was inaugurated at the Traffic Headquarters at Race Course in Rawalpindi Thursday.
The bus drivers have been provided with special caps and nameplates. Stickers saying "decent public transport for women" were pasted on the buses.
Daily Times quoted an official, Muhammad Azam, as saying that initially 10 buses will be included in the fleet.
He said the pilot project has been launched for 40 days on an experimental basis and special training has been imparted to the bus staff so that they can deal with the women with respect and dignity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown