Bus service just for women in Islamabad, Rawalpindi
Islamabad: A bus service only for women has been started in the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad. The buses sport stickers that say: "Decent public transport for women".
The bus service was inaugurated at the Traffic Headquarters at Race Course in Rawalpindi Thursday.
The bus drivers have been provided with special caps and nameplates. Stickers saying "decent public transport for women" were pasted on the buses.
Daily Times quoted an official, Muhammad Azam, as saying that initially 10 buses will be included in the fleet.
He said the pilot project has been launched for 40 days on an experimental basis and special training has been imparted to the bus staff so that they can deal with the women with respect and dignity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!