By-poll schedule of NA seat held by Gilani out
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities on Friday announced the schedule for the by-election to the parliamentary seat that was held by former premier Yousuf Raza Gilani before his disqualification by the Supreme Court.
The by-poll to the constituency in Multan in Punjab province will be held on July 19, the Election Commission said in a statement.
Gilani, who has been disqualified for five years, will not be eligible to contest the by-election and the PPP is expected to field a loyalist from the constituency.
Nominations for the by-poll can be submitted on June 25 and 26 and the papers will be scrutinised on June 28 and 29.
Appeals against the rejection of nomination papers can be filed on July 02 and the last date for withdrawal of nominations is July 05. The final list of candidates is expected to be made public on July 06.
The PPP, which has announced plans to carve out a new province in the southern part of Punjab, is expected to face no problems in retaining Gilani’s constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal