By-poll schedule of NA seat held by Gilani out
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities on Friday announced the schedule for the by-election to the parliamentary seat that was held by former premier Yousuf Raza Gilani before his disqualification by the Supreme Court.
The by-poll to the constituency in Multan in Punjab province will be held on July 19, the Election Commission said in a statement.
Gilani, who has been disqualified for five years, will not be eligible to contest the by-election and the PPP is expected to field a loyalist from the constituency.
Nominations for the by-poll can be submitted on June 25 and 26 and the papers will be scrutinised on June 28 and 29.
Appeals against the rejection of nomination papers can be filed on July 02 and the last date for withdrawal of nominations is July 05. The final list of candidates is expected to be made public on July 06.
The PPP, which has announced plans to carve out a new province in the southern part of Punjab, is expected to face no problems in retaining Gilani’s constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!