Captured Afghan may have killed 2 US sailors
Kabul: NATO says an Afghan insurgent
leader linked to the killing of two US sailors in July has
been captured in eastern Afghanistan.
The coalition said today that the man was captured
with two of his associates in Logar province near the
Pakistani border. They say he was also responsible for
The claims could not be immediately verified.
Petty Officer 3rd Class Jarod Newlove and Petty
Officer 2nd Class Justin McNeley were driving through a
dangerous part of eastern Afghanistan when they became
involved in a fire fight on July 23.
The bodies of both men were eventually recovered.
NATO says yesterday`s arrest was accomplished without
firing any weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!