Car bomb kills 13 in Peshawar
Islamabad: Taliban militants on Friday kept up an unrelenting wave of terror campaign in Pakistan with a suicide car bomber striking a police station in Peshawar killing 13 people and wounding 16 others.
Targeting the city for the second day in running the
bomber rammed his explosive laden car into the police station
creating an impact which also severely damaged a nearby mosque
and the casualties including two women and a child.
In 12 days of wanton violence, the terrorists have
carried out numerous suicide bombing, blasts and attacks,
including the storming of Army Headquarters in Rawalpindi and
three synchronised attacks on law enforcement establishments
in Lahore yesterday leaving a trail of 174 deaths.
With terror toll mounting, Pakistan law enforcement
agencies began swoops countrywide in which over 80 people
suspected to be involved in the recent spate of deadly
strikes, including in the synchronised suicide attacks in
Lahore which left 29 people dead have been arrested.
The security agencies have warned of more such strikes
in coming days and said they were aimed at scuttling Army`s
impending major assault on their stronghold of South
The attacker detonated an explosives-laden vehicle
outside the police station in the cantonment of the North West
Frontier Province capital Peshawar. The building housed the
office of the Crime Investigation Agency. A nearby mosque was
also severely damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional