Car bomb kills 13 in Peshawar
Islamabad: Taliban militants on Friday kept up an unrelenting wave of terror campaign in Pakistan with a suicide car bomber striking a police station in Peshawar killing 13 people and wounding 16 others.
Targeting the city for the second day in running the
bomber rammed his explosive laden car into the police station
creating an impact which also severely damaged a nearby mosque
and the casualties including two women and a child.
In 12 days of wanton violence, the terrorists have
carried out numerous suicide bombing, blasts and attacks,
including the storming of Army Headquarters in Rawalpindi and
three synchronised attacks on law enforcement establishments
in Lahore yesterday leaving a trail of 174 deaths.
With terror toll mounting, Pakistan law enforcement
agencies began swoops countrywide in which over 80 people
suspected to be involved in the recent spate of deadly
strikes, including in the synchronised suicide attacks in
Lahore which left 29 people dead have been arrested.
The security agencies have warned of more such strikes
in coming days and said they were aimed at scuttling Army`s
impending major assault on their stronghold of South
The attacker detonated an explosives-laden vehicle
outside the police station in the cantonment of the North West
Frontier Province capital Peshawar. The building housed the
office of the Crime Investigation Agency. A nearby mosque was
also severely damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video