Car bombing at military post in Pakistan kills three soldiers
Islamabad: At least three soldiers were killed on Monday when an explosive-laden car driven by a suicide bomber hit a security forces check post in Pakistan`s troubled tribal region.
The attack was carried out in Boya area of North Waziristan, one of seven tribal regions on the border with Afghanistan.
A security official said that 10 soldiers and two civilian women were also injured in the attack.
Taliban in a message claimed responsibility of the attack, saying that it was suicide attack.
The attack came on the heels of Sunday`s lethal attack at the airport in Karachi which killed at least 29 people, including 10 attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'