Cases against Hafiz Saeed very weak, says his lawyer
Lahore/New Delhi/ Ashgabat: A lawyer representing Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has said the two cases filed against his client are very weak and not sustainable in any court of law.
Saeed`s lawyer AK Dogar said the charges against his client were ridiculous. Dogar was referring to the two cases filed by Faisalabad Police – one relating to his sermon at the Royalton Hotel in Faisalabad`s Canal Road on August 27, and second for a speech at an Iftar dinner at Peoples Colony, Jaranwala Road Faisalabad on August 26, where he urged people to launch a holy war against those who`ve suppressed their rights.
"I have gone through both the FIRs against Saeed thoroughly. The charges against my client are very weak. He has expressed his views like any other Pakistani,” claimed Dogar.
According to a television channel, two cases were registered against Saeed and one against his close aide Abu Jandal at police stations in Faisalabad, some 100 kilometres from Lahore.
On Friday, Indian Home Minister P Chidambaram said that Islamabad must question Saeed, notwithstanding the fact that two cases had been filed against him that were not related to that tragic event.
Chidambaram said the authorities should avail the opportunity of questioning Saeed on the 26/11 episode also, once he is arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown