Cases against me are politically motivated: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has rejected corruption charges against him, saying that charges are politically motivated.
“Allegations are always there, allegations are on our judiciary. Allegations are on our leadership. Well, fine. If the Supreme Court wants us to go a second time to the court, yes, we`ll go, we`ll clear it. But until proven guilty, nobody can say they are the right charges,” The Dawn quoted Malik, as saying.
“The allegations are false, therefore, I`m not worried at all,. We think that it`s good that we go through that process and clear our names, though our names are already clear,” he added.
Malik is among thousands of bureaucrats and politicians who were granted amnesty by the now-nullified National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO).
Many Pakistanis viewed the ordinance as protecting the elite at the expense of the poor.
But Malik said the amnesty was fair.
“This was basically an agreement between all the political leadership that any politically victimised person should be given a leave immediately so we can get all the political leadership in Pakistan to take part in election,” he said.
- Good health is the name of the game for Virat Kohli – Check out his fitness mantra!
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- WATCH: How Harbhajan Singh, Hardik Pandya put birthday cake all over Rohit Sharma's face
- This mind-boggling stat reveals why Virat Kohli has been T20 cricket's king in 2016!
- Horror films genre is still niche: Sharman Joshi