CBMs on Kashmir have helped: Khar
Islamabad: The confidence-building measures on Kashmir agreed upon between India and Pakistan had "paid dividends and have helped build an atmosphere of mutual trust", Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said on Tuesday.
However, the Kashmir dispute "remained the core issue between India and Pakistan hampering prosperity and development in the region", she said.
Pakistan is committed to a "just and peaceful resolution" of the Kashmir dispute in accordance with UN resolutions and aspirations of the Kashmiri people, Khar said.
Khar made the remarks during a meeting with a delegation of the Kashmir European Forum that included British MP Steve Baker and councillor Mahboob Husain Bhatti, according to a statement issued by the Foreign Office.
She noted that the democratically elected government of Pakistan had made "substantive and consistent efforts for a meaningful engagement with India".
At the same time, Khar said Pakistan has continued drawing the international community`s attention to alleged "human rights violations" in Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistan has also called for revoking "draconian laws" in Jammu and Kashmir, she added.
Khar appreciated the role played by Baker in initiating a debate on Kashmir in the House of Commons.
Baker said he and the Kashmir European Forum will continue supporting the cause of the Kashmiri people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray