Chhota Rajan linked man claims to have killed media tycoon
Kathmandu: A gangster who hails from Delhi
and had links with underworld don Chhota Rajan on Monday claimed
to have murdered the controversial Nepalese media tycoon Jamim
Shah for his "anti-India activities", even as police has
arrested 20 people in the case.
Shah, 47, the owner of Space Time Television Network
and Space Time daily newspaper, was shot dead by a gang of two
unidentified persons in Kathmandu, close to the Indian embassy
Avenues Television, a private TV channel claimed that
it received a call from a man Bharat Nepali who reportedly
hails from Delhi.
Nepali who hails from Delhi had split from the gang of
Chhota Rajan last year to start his own, claimed that he had
murdered Shah, who is alleged to have links with underworld
don Dawood Ibrahim and Pakistani intelligence agency ISI.
Shah`s family members have out rightly rejected the
claims. Nepali called the TV station and owned up the murder.
He reportedly told the station that Shah was murdered for his
"anti-Indian activities", Republica newspaper reported.
Nepali, who faces several murder charges has been
absconding in India. The police have arrested some 20 people
for investigation and they are being interrogated, said Nepal
Police spokesman Bigyan Raj Sharma, who also claims that they
are close to a clue leading to the murder.
Regarding Nepali`s hand in the murder, he said they
have no such information and investigation is underway.
The police said that there might hand of local or
international criminal gangs in the murder.
Shah was returning home from a health club on his
Pajero when he was shot at point blank by two motorcycle
riders near the French Embassy in front of the five star hotel
Radisson at 2.30 pm yesterday.
Shah`s driver also received bullet injuries in his
left leg but saved his life after being rushed to the
Shah, who received bullet shots on his chest was
declared dead an hour after he was taken to the Teaching
Hospital at Maharajgunj.
Nepal Media Society and Federation of Nepalese
Journalists both have issuing separate statements condemned
the killing and demanded stern action against the culprits.
Nepal`s all major dailies gave front page banner news
with photographs of Shah, who was not in news for the past 5-6
Shah`s family members have been staying in Watu Tole
in central Kathmandu where their forefathers have been living
for more than a century.
His economic conditions have deteriorated since
attack on his media house during the riots suffered by Nepal
in 2004 when 12 Nepali workers were killed by militants in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested