Chief of anti-Taliban peace committee killed in Pakistan
Islamabad: Unidentified armed men shot dead chairman of an anti-Taliban peace committee in Pakistan`s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on Monday.
Rehmat Ghani was shot dead in Takhta Band area of Swat valley while he was on his way to his house, Khyber News reported.
The armed men opened indiscriminate firing and he died on the spot, it said.
The Awami National Party condemned the killing.
Police have reached the spot and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report