Chief of LeJ death squad arrested by Pak authorities
Islamabad: Masoom Billa, the alleged death squad chief of banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, that has carried out a series of deadly sectarian attacks across Pakistan, has been arrested.
The Pakistani Intelligence Bureau told Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif about the arrest in a briefing, Geo News reported.
According to reports, the accused was arrested after prolonged reconnaissance.
The premier was told that the accused had provided significant information regarding attack on Sindh High Court judge Justice Maqbool Baqar in Karachi.
The accused told investigators that the LeJ was planing more terrorist attacks in the country.
During the briefing, Prime Minister Sharif directed the IB to find out who was providing weapons to terrorist groups and take action against them, the report said.
LeJ has claimed responsibility for a number of attacks aimed at the minority Shia community as well as against Hazaras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened