Chief of LeJ death squad arrested by Pak authorities
Islamabad: Masoom Billa, the alleged death squad chief of banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, that has carried out a series of deadly sectarian attacks across Pakistan, has been arrested.
The Pakistani Intelligence Bureau told Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif about the arrest in a briefing, Geo News reported.
According to reports, the accused was arrested after prolonged reconnaissance.
The premier was told that the accused had provided significant information regarding attack on Sindh High Court judge Justice Maqbool Baqar in Karachi.
The accused told investigators that the LeJ was planing more terrorist attacks in the country.
During the briefing, Prime Minister Sharif directed the IB to find out who was providing weapons to terrorist groups and take action against them, the report said.
LeJ has claimed responsibility for a number of attacks aimed at the minority Shia community as well as against Hazaras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!