Chief of LeJ death squad arrested by Pak authorities
Islamabad: Masoom Billa, the alleged death squad chief of banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, that has carried out a series of deadly sectarian attacks across Pakistan, has been arrested.
The Pakistani Intelligence Bureau told Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif about the arrest in a briefing, Geo News reported.
According to reports, the accused was arrested after prolonged reconnaissance.
The premier was told that the accused had provided significant information regarding attack on Sindh High Court judge Justice Maqbool Baqar in Karachi.
The accused told investigators that the LeJ was planing more terrorist attacks in the country.
During the briefing, Prime Minister Sharif directed the IB to find out who was providing weapons to terrorist groups and take action against them, the report said.
LeJ has claimed responsibility for a number of attacks aimed at the minority Shia community as well as against Hazaras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results declared
- PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on 52nd death anniversary
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced
- Islamic State hit by 150 US-led air strikes near Syria`s Raqa: Monitor
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you