Child killed in Pak landmine blast
Peshawar: A landmine went off in a village in
Pakistan`s restive tribal belt along the Afghan border today,
killing a child.
The explosion occurred in Khumatti village in Kurram
tribal region. The minor son of a tribal elder died in the
blast, officials said.
Kurram tribal agency has been rocked by sectarian
tensions over the past few years. Scores have died in clashes
between Shias and Sunnis and the situation has been
exacerbated by the presence of a sizeable number of Taliban
militants, who have backed the Sunni tribesmen.
The region is virtually cut off from the rest of Pakistan
and the road linking Parachinar, the headquarters of Kurram,
to Peshawar is controlled by militants at several points.
There have been several incidents of killing and
abduction in the area over the past few months.
A recent suicide attack on a convoy of civilian vehicles
on the Parachinar-Peshawar road has disrupted transport links.
Local residents now travel to other parts of Pakistan via
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan