`China advised Pak to promote trade with India`
Lahore: Striking an optimistic chord, Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Sunday said opening of trade with India would bring New Delhi and Islamabad closer and help in promoting stability in the region.
“Our best friend China, whose own trade volume with India has touched USD 70 billion mark, has advised us to promote trade relations with India”, he said while interacting with a group of reporters at his residence in Lahore last evening.
He further talked of enlarging trade sphere to include Afghanistan and Iran also by giving transit facility to India. China will also become an active trade partner with these countries, Gilani added.
“Progress on balance of trade with India, Pak-Afghan Transit Trade and energy projects with Iran will help the country achieve the cherished goal of stability in the region,” the Prime Minister has been quoted as saying by the Pakistani media.
Calling President Asif Ali Zardari day-long visit to India as “very successful and important”, the Pakistani PM said the Pakistan People`s Party-led government had the mandate of the opposition and the people to forge good relations with India.
"The Army should be with us on this matter," he added.
On Kashmir issue, Gilani said Pakistan sought a solution which is acceptable to the people as well as leadership of Kashmir.
Gilani acknowledged that the case of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief HafizSaeed was an "issue" between Pakistan and India but said Islamabad needs "substantial" evidence against him to try him in a court of law.
"We are serious on the issue of Saeed but the question is how to proceed against him without evidence. Courts here are independent and we need substantial evidence against him," Gilani said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared