China, Bangladesh agree to deepen military ties
Beijing: China and Bangladesh on Thursday agreed to deepen bilateral military ties during a key meeting between Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie and the visiting Bangladeshi Army Chief, General Muhammad Abdul Mubeen here.
"China is willing to enhance interactions with Bangladesh in all fields and at all levels to advance bilateral and military relations and make contributions to safeguarding regional peace and stability," Liang said.
He said strengthening and developing a friendly cooperation with Bangladesh is an established policy of the Chinese government, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
General Mubeen said Bangladesh is willing to work with China to enhance cooperation and further promote military-to-military relations.
The top Bangladeshi commander said his government and the military attaches great importance to developing relations with China.
Praising the healthy and sound bilateral relations since China and Bangladesh established diplomatic relations, the Chinese Defence Minister said the two countries enjoy mutual political respect and support, economic cooperation and joint development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Two years of Modi government: Key tasks yet to be fulfilled!
- Defiant Russia name dope-tainted Maria Sharapova in 2016 Rio Olympics tennis squad
- Sensex zooms 485 points to 7-month high; Nifty recaptures 8,000-mark
- VHP accuses UP government of polarising people
- Sonal Chauhan, Ankit Tiwari's new song video 'Badtameez' is must watch for every heartbroken lover!