China exports 120 trains to Sri Lanka
Beijing: China on Thursday exported 120 trains to Sri Lanka.
The trains were shipped from the port city of Qingdao in east China`s Shandong province, the China Daily reported.
The Diesel Electric Multiple Units, manufactured by the CSR Sifang Co Ltd, have a maximum speed of 120 km per hour.
The shipment was the third delivery from the company to Sri Lanka. The firm had exported 180 trains in two batches to the island nation from 2000 to 2008.
The report, however, did not mention how many coaches the trains would have.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site