China exports 120 trains to Sri Lanka
Beijing: China on Thursday exported 120 trains to Sri Lanka.
The trains were shipped from the port city of Qingdao in east China`s Shandong province, the China Daily reported.
The Diesel Electric Multiple Units, manufactured by the CSR Sifang Co Ltd, have a maximum speed of 120 km per hour.
The shipment was the third delivery from the company to Sri Lanka. The firm had exported 180 trains in two batches to the island nation from 2000 to 2008.
The report, however, did not mention how many coaches the trains would have.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption