China exports 120 trains to Sri Lanka
Beijing: China on Thursday exported 120 trains to Sri Lanka.
The trains were shipped from the port city of Qingdao in east China`s Shandong province, the China Daily reported.
The Diesel Electric Multiple Units, manufactured by the CSR Sifang Co Ltd, have a maximum speed of 120 km per hour.
The shipment was the third delivery from the company to Sri Lanka. The firm had exported 180 trains in two batches to the island nation from 2000 to 2008.
The report, however, did not mention how many coaches the trains would have.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prisma fever grips Bollywood celebrities! – View pics
- Chabahar port may become operational in 1.5-2 years: Govt
- Sensex zooms 292 points to regain 28,000-mark, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Lost in translation: The peculiar case of a popular French author
- IND vs WI: 'Man of the match' Ravichandran Ashwin credits skipper Virat Kohli for Antigua ton