China for credible security of its citizens in Pak
Beijing: A day after the killing of a
Chinese woman in Peshawar, Beijing on Wednesday asked Pakistan not to
spare any effort to bring to justice the perpetrators of the
crime and take credible measures to ensure safety of hundreds
of its nationals working there.
"The Foreign Ministry pays great attention to the
incident, and the Chinese embassy in Pakistan has launched
emergency procedures to handle the case," Foreign Ministry
spokesman Hong Lei told a media briefing here.
His comments came in the wake of the murder of a Chinese
woman and her Pakistani companion by unidentified gunmen in
"At the same time we also require the Pakistani side to
investigate the case and spare no efforts to bring the
perpetrators to justice, and take credible measures to ensure
the safety of Chinese institutions and nationals in Pakistan,"
The shooting incident, which was reported in the local
Chinese media, caused a sense of unease in the Chinese
establishment as hundreds of this country`s nationals are
working in various projects in Pakistan, China`s closest ally
It is still not clear why the Chinese woman was targeted
even though Pakistan officials claimed that it was attempt by
militants to hit the international headlines.
Attacks on Chinese nationals in Pakistan were not new
despite close relations between the two countries.
The attacks were blamed in the past on different militant
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack