China helping Pak Navy in building missile boat
Karachi: The Pakistan Navy has started building a missile boat with China’s cooperation in Karachi.
According to The Nation, the missile boat would be equipped with anti-surface missiles, automatic guns and weapons systems.
Pakistan’s Defence Production Division Secretary, Lieutenant-General Shahid Iqbal, who attended the keel laying ceremony for the construction of missile boat in Karachi, said that it would help build up the defence capability of the Pakistan Navy.
He also expressed confidence in Pakistan becoming a leading shipbuilding country in the region in line with its potential strategic location.
The keel laying ceremony was attended by representatives of the Pakistan Defence Ministry, China Shipbuilding & Offshore International Co Ltd and senior naval officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore