China, India can spur Nepal economy: Chinese envoy
Kathmandu: Being located between China and India can be a driving force for Nepal`s development, China`s ambassador Yang Houlan said here.
Nepal should "make use of such a sound opportunity", the China Daily Monday quoted the envoy as saying after he completed a year in Kathmandu.
"I am highly optimistic about the future of Nepal, which is a land of great potential," the ambassador said Sunday.
According to him, Nepal`s people, beautiful scenery, rich cultural and natural resources and unique geographical advantages were opportunities for the country despite prolonged political uncertainty.
More than 100 Nepalese took part in the celebration, the daily said.
Former Nepal prime minister Madhav Kumar Nepal urged his people to learn from its two huge neighbours to promote their economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH