China offers Pakistan military aid to fight terrorism
Islamabad, April 26: China has offered Pakistan military aid to fight terrorist activities in the country, media reports said Saturday.
'Beijing will further cooperate with Pakistan in dealing firmly with terrorists,' Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi told reporters here Friday.
Yang was addressing a press conference with his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mehmud Qureshi, The News reported.
Qureshi said: 'Pakistan will purchase equipment from China to fight terror. Pakistan has expressed the desire to purchase some anti-terror equipments from China to which they have agreed.
'China has indicated that it will be happy to supply this equipment to us, which will strengthen our arms in dealing with the terrorist activities.'
However, both the ministers did not provide any details about the type of anti-terror equipments.
Meanwhile, China has also expressed its interest in joining the USD 7.5 billion Iran-Pakistan-India gas pipeline project.
The Chinese foreign minister said: 'We are seriously studying Pakistan's proposal to participate in the IPI gas pipeline project but we need to have more information from the Pakistani side about the project.'
President Pervez Musharraf, on his latest visit to China, had invited Beijing to join the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India