China, Pak vow to deepen comprehensive strategic cooperation
Beijing: China and Pakistan agreed to cement their strategic partnership and deepen comprehensive strategic cooperation in various areas, according to a joint statement issued Thursday during Chinese Premier Li Keqiang`s visit to the South Asian country.
In the statement, China reaffirms that its relationship with Pakistan is always a priority in its foreign policy and appreciates Pakistan`s long-term staunch support on issues concerning China`s core interests.
The two sides regard the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) as a common threat, and stand united in upholding China`s sovereignty and territorial integrity, it said.
On economic cooperation, the two nations agree to establish an interface between China`s strategy to develop its western region and Pakistan`s domestic economic development, and jointly develop a long-term plan for China-Pakistan economic corridor to promote greater connectivity.
China and Pakistan also agree to establish a joint marine research center to tackle the growing nontraditional threats to maritime security and safeguard international sea-lanes.
The two countries also plan to celebrate 2015 as Year of Friendly Exchange of the two nations, with various activities to be arranged.
On international and regional affairs, China and Pakistan call for an open, transparent, equal and inclusive security and cooperation framework in the Asia-Pacific region .
Li arrived here Wednesday for an official visit to Pakistan, the second leg of his first overseas trip as Chinese premier, which has already taken him to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert