China, Pak vow to deepen comprehensive strategic cooperation
Beijing: China and Pakistan agreed to cement their strategic partnership and deepen comprehensive strategic cooperation in various areas, according to a joint statement issued Thursday during Chinese Premier Li Keqiang`s visit to the South Asian country.
In the statement, China reaffirms that its relationship with Pakistan is always a priority in its foreign policy and appreciates Pakistan`s long-term staunch support on issues concerning China`s core interests.
The two sides regard the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) as a common threat, and stand united in upholding China`s sovereignty and territorial integrity, it said.
On economic cooperation, the two nations agree to establish an interface between China`s strategy to develop its western region and Pakistan`s domestic economic development, and jointly develop a long-term plan for China-Pakistan economic corridor to promote greater connectivity.
China and Pakistan also agree to establish a joint marine research center to tackle the growing nontraditional threats to maritime security and safeguard international sea-lanes.
The two countries also plan to celebrate 2015 as Year of Friendly Exchange of the two nations, with various activities to be arranged.
On international and regional affairs, China and Pakistan call for an open, transparent, equal and inclusive security and cooperation framework in the Asia-Pacific region .
Li arrived here Wednesday for an official visit to Pakistan, the second leg of his first overseas trip as Chinese premier, which has already taken him to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA