China radio acquires permission to air programme in Nepal
Kathmandu: China`s state-owned radio station is set to air its programmes across Nepal through FM channels, in new signs that the Communist giant is expanding its influence in the country.
China Radio International CRI has been granted downlink permission by the government to rebroadcast its programmes across Nepal in Nepali and English, according to Information Ministry official.
CRI is the second foreign radio station after the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) to acquire downlink permission in Nepal, the official Mahendra Guragain said.
He said that Chinese radio has been airing its programmes for some time and now after the government introduced new law last year that requires foreign radios to acquire permission to air their programme in Nepal, the CRI had applied for the permission, he informed.
Altogether 96 international television channels including various television channels operating in India, have also acquired downlink permission to broadcast their programme in Nepal, according to the ministry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!