China slams Japanese minister for shrine visit
Beijing: The Chinese foreign ministry Wednesday strongly criticised Japanese Internal Affairs Minister Yoshitaka Shindo for his Yasukuni Shrine visit.
Shindo Wednesday visited the war-linked Yasukuni Shrine amid strong opposition against Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe`s visit to the notorious shrine Dec 26.
Shindo`s visit to the shrine is another provocation of the Japanese cabinet members on a historical issue, Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said.
His act once again exposed the dangerous intention of the Japanese side to prettify the militarism war criminals and challenge the results of the World War II as well as the post-war international order, Hua added.
Urging the Japanese side to seriously reflect on history and correct errors, Hua said that the Chinese and Asian people would never allow Japan to turn back the clock.
The visit came at a time when Japan`s ties with China have turned sour over a territorial dispute regarding islands in the East China Sea.
The shrine and the Japanese government have been criticised by China, South Korea, and Taiwan as being revisionist and unapologetic about the events of World War II.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy