China to provide $7.7 mn military aid to Nepal
Kathmandu: In its biggest military assistance
to the Nepalese Army, China has announced an aid worth USD 7.7
million to deepen their bilateral defence ties.
The aid protocol was signed by Nepal`s Chief of Army
Staff Gen Chhatraman Singh Gurung and member of the Chinese
Central Military Commission Gen Chen Bingde in Beijing.
Under the military assistance, China will provide
necessary equipments to modernise the Birendra Military
Hospital situated in Chhauni on the outskirt of Kathmandu,
according to a statement by Nepal Army Headquarters here.
Gen Gurung, who paid a week long visit to China leading a
six member delegation, returned home this morning.
Gen Gurung met Gen Bengde and Vice-chairman of Centra
Military Commission of China Gen Xu Caihou with whom he
discussed matters relating to mutual interests.
During his visit, Gen Gurung inspected Zhejiang
Provincial Military Command and Yunnan Provincial Military
Command and also visited Beijing Garrison No. 3 Division,
National Defence University and General Hospital of the
Peoples` Liberation Army and Kunming Military Academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets