China urges India-Pakistan dialogue
Beijing: China Monday said it hopes India and Pakistan will hold talks and solve their differences in a calm and proper manner following a firing incident in Kashmir.
As a neighbor and friend of both countries, China hopes India and Pakistan will work together to maintain peace and stability in south Asia, foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said at a daily press briefing, Inhaul reported.
The Pakistani military said Indian troops crossed the Line of Control (Loc) that divides both countries in Kashmir Sunday and opened fire, killing one Pakistani soldier and injuring another.
India has denied the accusation, stating that mortar shells were first fired by the Pakistani army in the direction of Indian civilians near the Loc.
Pakistan and India declared a ceasefire along the Loc in November 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog