China urges Nepal political parties to reach consensus
Kathmandu: China has urged Nepal`s political parties to arrive at a consensus and settle their disputes.
At a meeting with Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav, Communist Party of China senior official Zhou Yongkang said his country would continue providing assistance to Nepal by conforming to the principle of non-intervention and non-interference in that country``s internal affairs.
China supports Nepal`s friendship policy and is willing to maintain and promote cooperation with neighbouring states, Zhou said.
Yadav said Nepal is currently facing a critical moment of the political transition and that the country looks forward to resolving its political disputes as soon as possible.
He said that Nepal will not allow any force to use its territory for perpetrating anti-China activities, a news agency reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire