China will strengthen cooperation with Bangladesh: Xi Jinping
Beijing: China will expand substantial
exchanges and cooperation with Bangladesh to strengthen their
"comprehensive partnership of cooperation", Chinese Vice
President Xi Jinping told former Bangladesh Prime Minister,
Begum Khaleda Zia.
Begum Zia, who is visiting China with her Bangladesh
Nationalist Party delegates, held an hour long meeting
yesterday with Xi.
Xi, who is tipped to succeed President Hu Jintao in 2013,
hailed the traditional friendship, the political mutual trust,
and the economic and cultural cooperation between China and
Bangladesh, state run Xinhua reported.
"It`s a constant policy of the Chinese Party and
government to consolidate and develop relations with
Bangladesh, as part of China`s good-neighbourly and friendly
foreign policy," Xi told Zia, who is on her eighth trip to
Xi said the Communist Party of China valued friendly ties
with all parties in Bangladesh and expected the two sides to
enhance exchanges between their leaderships and young
The Bangladesh Nationalist Party would abide by the
one-China policy and oppose interference in China`s domestic
affairs by any external force in any form, Zia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city