China will strengthen cooperation with Bangladesh: Xi Jinping
Beijing: China will expand substantial
exchanges and cooperation with Bangladesh to strengthen their
"comprehensive partnership of cooperation", Chinese Vice
President Xi Jinping told former Bangladesh Prime Minister,
Begum Khaleda Zia.
Begum Zia, who is visiting China with her Bangladesh
Nationalist Party delegates, held an hour long meeting
yesterday with Xi.
Xi, who is tipped to succeed President Hu Jintao in 2013,
hailed the traditional friendship, the political mutual trust,
and the economic and cultural cooperation between China and
Bangladesh, state run Xinhua reported.
"It`s a constant policy of the Chinese Party and
government to consolidate and develop relations with
Bangladesh, as part of China`s good-neighbourly and friendly
foreign policy," Xi told Zia, who is on her eighth trip to
Xi said the Communist Party of China valued friendly ties
with all parties in Bangladesh and expected the two sides to
enhance exchanges between their leaderships and young
The Bangladesh Nationalist Party would abide by the
one-China policy and oppose interference in China`s domestic
affairs by any external force in any form, Zia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!