China will strengthen cooperation with Bangladesh: Xi Jinping
Beijing: China will expand substantial
exchanges and cooperation with Bangladesh to strengthen their
"comprehensive partnership of cooperation", Chinese Vice
President Xi Jinping told former Bangladesh Prime Minister,
Begum Khaleda Zia.
Begum Zia, who is visiting China with her Bangladesh
Nationalist Party delegates, held an hour long meeting
yesterday with Xi.
Xi, who is tipped to succeed President Hu Jintao in 2013,
hailed the traditional friendship, the political mutual trust,
and the economic and cultural cooperation between China and
Bangladesh, state run Xinhua reported.
"It`s a constant policy of the Chinese Party and
government to consolidate and develop relations with
Bangladesh, as part of China`s good-neighbourly and friendly
foreign policy," Xi told Zia, who is on her eighth trip to
Xi said the Communist Party of China valued friendly ties
with all parties in Bangladesh and expected the two sides to
enhance exchanges between their leaderships and young
The Bangladesh Nationalist Party would abide by the
one-China policy and oppose interference in China`s domestic
affairs by any external force in any form, Zia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon
- Xiaomi Mi Max smartphone, MIUI 8 to be launched today
- Amit Shah questions circumstances behind Syama Prasad Mookerjee's death, accuses Nehru of historic blunder on J&K issue
- SHAMEFUL! Hindu journalist in Pakistan forced to drink from separate glass in office as Muslims raise objections
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration