Chinese Defence minister in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Chinese Defence Minister General Liang Guanglie arrived here Wednesday on a five-day visit during which he will visit several Sri Lankan military installations and meet top leaders.
A special Chinese aircraft carrying General Liang and the 25-member defence delegation landed at the Bandaranaike International Airport this morning, officials said.
The visit comes in the wake of reports that China was to provide USD 100 million assistance for Army welfare projects initiated by the Sri Lankan ministry of defence.
Chinese assistance is being sought to improve accommodation and infrastructure facilities for the military camps in the north and east provinces.
General Liang is scheduled to visit several Sri Lankan military installations and training facilities during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan