Chinese Defence minister in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Chinese Defence Minister General Liang Guanglie arrived here Wednesday on a five-day visit during which he will visit several Sri Lankan military installations and meet top leaders.
A special Chinese aircraft carrying General Liang and the 25-member defence delegation landed at the Bandaranaike International Airport this morning, officials said.
The visit comes in the wake of reports that China was to provide USD 100 million assistance for Army welfare projects initiated by the Sri Lankan ministry of defence.
Chinese assistance is being sought to improve accommodation and infrastructure facilities for the military camps in the north and east provinces.
General Liang is scheduled to visit several Sri Lankan military installations and training facilities during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore