Chinese Defence minister in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Chinese Defence Minister General Liang Guanglie arrived here Wednesday on a five-day visit during which he will visit several Sri Lankan military installations and meet top leaders.
A special Chinese aircraft carrying General Liang and the 25-member defence delegation landed at the Bandaranaike International Airport this morning, officials said.
The visit comes in the wake of reports that China was to provide USD 100 million assistance for Army welfare projects initiated by the Sri Lankan ministry of defence.
Chinese assistance is being sought to improve accommodation and infrastructure facilities for the military camps in the north and east provinces.
General Liang is scheduled to visit several Sri Lankan military installations and training facilities during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?