Chinese Defence minister in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Chinese Defence Minister General Liang Guanglie arrived here Wednesday on a five-day visit during which he will visit several Sri Lankan military installations and meet top leaders.
A special Chinese aircraft carrying General Liang and the 25-member defence delegation landed at the Bandaranaike International Airport this morning, officials said.
The visit comes in the wake of reports that China was to provide USD 100 million assistance for Army welfare projects initiated by the Sri Lankan ministry of defence.
Chinese assistance is being sought to improve accommodation and infrastructure facilities for the military camps in the north and east provinces.
General Liang is scheduled to visit several Sri Lankan military installations and training facilities during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack