Chinese firms in Pakistani Kashmir under scanner
New Delhi: The government is looking at the status of Chinese companies that have a presence in India and are also undertaking projects in Pakistan administered Kashmir, official sources said on Friday.
India has always objected to Chinese companies undertaking projects in Pakistan administered Kashmir - which it says is contrary to China`s stated official position of neutrality in the Kashmir issue.
"We are certainly looking at certain Chinese companies who have projects in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and are also working in India. We are deciding what to do," a senior government official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown