Chinese firms in Pakistani Kashmir under scanner
New Delhi: The government is looking at the status of Chinese companies that have a presence in India and are also undertaking projects in Pakistan administered Kashmir, official sources said on Friday.
India has always objected to Chinese companies undertaking projects in Pakistan administered Kashmir - which it says is contrary to China`s stated official position of neutrality in the Kashmir issue.
"We are certainly looking at certain Chinese companies who have projects in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and are also working in India. We are deciding what to do," a senior government official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam