Chinese firms in Pakistani Kashmir under scanner
New Delhi: The government is looking at the status of Chinese companies that have a presence in India and are also undertaking projects in Pakistan administered Kashmir, official sources said on Friday.
India has always objected to Chinese companies undertaking projects in Pakistan administered Kashmir - which it says is contrary to China`s stated official position of neutrality in the Kashmir issue.
"We are certainly looking at certain Chinese companies who have projects in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and are also working in India. We are deciding what to do," a senior government official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation