Chinese official resigns over sex scandal
Beijing: The health bureau chief of China`s Shenyang city has resigned over allegations of being involved in a sex scandal, authorities said Monday.
The discipline inspection commission of Shenyang, capital of Liaoning province, confirmed that health bureau chief Yan Shi and Li Chenyang, head of a local women`s and children`s hospital, were under investigation after an online post accused Li of corruption and trading sex for benefits, Xinhua reported.
The post cited two surveillance video clips that allegedly showed the two checking in the same hotel room Nov 27 and Dec 11, where they stayed for hours.
The commission said Li had been suspended from her post, and inspectors were looking into the claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you