Chinese official resigns over sex scandal
Beijing: The health bureau chief of China`s Shenyang city has resigned over allegations of being involved in a sex scandal, authorities said Monday.
The discipline inspection commission of Shenyang, capital of Liaoning province, confirmed that health bureau chief Yan Shi and Li Chenyang, head of a local women`s and children`s hospital, were under investigation after an online post accused Li of corruption and trading sex for benefits, Xinhua reported.
The post cited two surveillance video clips that allegedly showed the two checking in the same hotel room Nov 27 and Dec 11, where they stayed for hours.
The commission said Li had been suspended from her post, and inspectors were looking into the claims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli
- NIA files charge sheet against three men deported from UAE for ISIS links