Chinese provinces may invest in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Chinese provincial governments may invest in Sri Lanka`s post conflict development, Chinese Ambassador Wu Jianghao said on Thursday.
The Ambassador said that with the end of the internal conflict in Sri Lanka, the country is going through obvious development and that the Chinese local governments are also interested in visiting Sri Lanka in order to look for business opportunities.
"We will actively encourage Chinese enterprises to visit Sri Lanka and invest and do business. Except state-owned companies which are already in Sri Lanka, we will further promote Chinese small and medium enterprises as well as the private sector to come to Sri Lanka to look for opportunities", Jianghao said addressing the Sri Lanka-China Business Council here.
China is Sri Lanka`s largest lender providing almost 25 percent of the island`s foreign borrowings in 2011.
China is to invest USD 1 billion into a 500-room hotel by the Hong Kong-based Shangri la which is the largest single investment in Sri Lanka`s post conflict tourism conflict tourism surge.
A USD 450 million project to enhance the port of Colombo`s cargo handling capacity, another USD 1.5 billion towards infrastructure development and the ongoing sea and airport projects in the island`s deep south are the other leading China-funded ventures in the island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly