Chinese woman shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: A Chinese woman and a male Pakistani friend were Tuesday shot dead by unidentified motorcycle-borne gunmen in Peshawar city, police said.
Tahir Ayub, senior superintendent of police, said a passport found in the pocket of the slain woman showed she was a Chinese national.
The man killed in the incident in Jahangir Pura area is believed to be a local resident, Xinhua reported.
An earlier report said both people were foreigners.
The incident took place around 5 p.m. when two gunmen on a motorbike opened fire at the two people in a car at a market place in Peshawar.
They were rushed to the Lady Reading Hospital, where hospital sources said both of them were shot in the head and they were already dead on arrival.
The Chinese embassy has not made any comment.
According to Geo News, police said the victims were walking on the street when they were gunned down.
The Chinese woman had come to Pakistan on a vacation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state