Chopper crash in Nepal leaves two dead
Kathmandu: A helicopter on a rescue
mission near Mt Ama Dablam base camp in Nepal`s Solukhumbu
district crashed on Sunday, killing the captain and an engineer on
The chopper, belonging to Fishtail Air, met the
accident near the base camp of Mt Ama Dablam while flying to
rescue two stranded Japanese mountaineers, who had become ill
near Mt Amadablam.
Captain Sabin Basnet and Engineer Purna Awale, who
were aboard the chopper died in the crash, an official of the
private airlines said.
The chopper had lost contact with the airport RADAR
shortly after taking off. The reason of the crash is yet to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here
- Now ''like'' 360-degree videos in VR on Facebook