Chopper crash in Nepal leaves two dead
Kathmandu: A helicopter on a rescue
mission near Mt Ama Dablam base camp in Nepal`s Solukhumbu
district crashed on Sunday, killing the captain and an engineer on
The chopper, belonging to Fishtail Air, met the
accident near the base camp of Mt Ama Dablam while flying to
rescue two stranded Japanese mountaineers, who had become ill
near Mt Amadablam.
Captain Sabin Basnet and Engineer Purna Awale, who
were aboard the chopper died in the crash, an official of the
private airlines said.
The chopper had lost contact with the airport RADAR
shortly after taking off. The reason of the crash is yet to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself
- Shah Rukh Khan terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'