Christian couple held in Pak for sending blasphemous texts
Lahore: A Christian couple has been arrested in Gojra district of Pakistan`s Punjab province for sending `blasphemous` mobile phone text messages to Muslims.
Complainants - Tehsil Bar Association President Anwar Mansoor Goraya and trader Malik Muhammad Hussain - told police that the Saint Cathedral School watchman Shafqat Masih and his wife Shagufta Masih had sent them blasphemous text messages.
A Gojra judicial magistrate yesterday sent the couple on judicial remand.
The police registered a blasphemy case under section 295-C of Pakistan Penal Code against the accused, residents of Gojra Christian Colony, some 200 kilometres from Lahore.
The accused, however, denied the allegation.
Two weeks ago, a Pakistani court had handed down life imprisonment to a 27-year-old Christian man for sending `blasphemous` mobile text messages to some Muslim clerics in the same district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location